You did not come,
                                And marching Time drew on, and wore me numb,—
                                Yet less for loss of your dear presence there
                                Than that I thus found lacking in your make
                                That high compassion which can overbear
                                Reluctance for pure lovingkindness’ sake
                                Grieved I, when, as the hope-hour stroked its sum,
                                        You did not come.

                                Thomas Hardy

6 comentários:

Rui disse...

a poesia desarma-me, refugio-me no local de sempre
lembrou-me isto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3cgB0VysQ8

S disse...

e por consequência, isto...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDepIDGKC2U

(a vida é feita de desencontros)

Rui disse...

(ir unindo os pontos e acreditar que se chega ao ponto de encontro)

S disse...

És um crente, está visto! :)

(é bom saber que nem todos se tornaram cínicos)

Rui disse...

anda por aí uma cantiga que diz assim,

"You fashion words that fools lap up
And call yourself a poet
Tattooed pretense upon your skin
So everyone will know it

And I guessed your favorites one by one
And all to your surprise
From damned Nick Cave to Kerouac
They stood there side by side


You, my sweet, are a fool"...

I feel like a fool, many times :)

S disse...

you're a good fool...

:)